Are you ready to the hit the trail? Enhance your cultural experiences on the newly-announced MoCo Art Trail in Decatur-Morgan County!
MoCo Art Trail
To clarify, not much information has been released about one of Decatur’s newest trails. But we do know the MoCo Art Trail was officially announced to the public on May 5th via social media!
It will join other popular MoCo trails—all part of Decatur Morgan County Tourism. Like the other trails that each feature a unique activity or local hot spots, the MoCo Art Trail puts the spotlight on local art.
The trail will include local art galleries as well as rotating art exhibits. Below is the first wave of local galleries highlighted on the art trail.
- Bank Street Art & Antiques: Located at 818 Bank St. in historic downtown, it’s part art gallery and part antique store. Find surprising treasures from local artists, artisans and antique dealers every time you visit!
- DeAnn’s Art Studio: Stay in historic downtown and head to708 ½ Bank St. That’s where fine artist fine artist DeAnnMeely showcases original artwork, offers art supplies and classes for aspiring artists.
- Main Street West: This fun-loving art gallery, gift shop and more is in nearby Hartselle, located at 123 Main St. West.
- The Middle House Gallery & Framing: This custom framing business and art gallery has been serving customers for more than 20 years. Visit The Middle House at 4109 Highway 31 South during regular hours Tues.-Thurs. from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Kathleen’s Fine Art & Interiors: For more original artwork, unique home accessories or personalized floral arrangements, check out Kathleen’s at 211 2nd Ave. Southeast #B.
- Shops on 2nd Avenue: Go to 219 2nd Ave. and find 39 specialty shops in one place! Expect to find local handmade items, fine art from regional artists, home decor, gifts, andmuch more. Read our past blog on the Shops on 2nd for more info!
Are you ready for a sneak peek at one more gallery and local artist featured on the trail? According to Facebook comments, a newer Decatur gallery, The Studio on Bank, is also on the art trail. Owner Tracey Roberts is a registered Southern artist. She offers art classes, private lessons and paintings by commission.
Stay tuned to the Decatur Morgan County Tourism Facebook page for MoCo Art Trail spotlights and additions!
Rotating art exhibits
Another artsy part of the MoCo Art Trail keeps things fresh with rotating art exhibits. Get ready to start with exhibits on display now at the Alabama Center for the Arts, Carnegie Visual Arts Center, Fill in the Blank and Upstairs Art.
Add a personal touch to your Summer Lodge apartment after you explore the MoCo Art Trail this summer! Not a resident? Contact us today to ask about upcoming availability. For more community news and happenings, keep reading our blogs.